Building a Medical Vocabulary Ch. 8, 9, & 10
Complete activities A, B, & C, and post to the Individual forum.
A. Use the word bank below to build the medical word that corresponds to each definition in problems 1-13. Word parts may be used more than once. Click the grey box to begin typing.
1. Pertaining to a limb
2. Cartilage resembling a sword
3. Pertaining to a rib
4. Pertaining to the neck
5. Pertaining to the sacrum
6. Action of moving (a body part) away (from body)
7. Resembling a triangle
8. Action of lying face-down
9. Pertaining to the fibula
10. Having a sense of taste
11. Pertaining to below the thalamus
12. Pertaining to above the dura mater
13. A thing (person) that receives
B. Define the following words or word parts.
C. In this activity, break the medical word into its word parts. Using the word parts, create a definition of the word. Write a sentence using the word in a medical context. Use the table to record your answers.
|Medical Word||Prefix||Combining form||Additional Combining form or suffix||Suffix||Definition|