Currently, the hospital in which you work has implemented a new clinical practice that will reduce the amount of radiation to a child’s brain. The child enters the emergency room with a head injury and a Glasgow Coma Score of 14 or more, and the child is not vomiting. It has been asked that the physician not order a CT scan. To ensure that all physicians are in compliance with the practice, a report will need to be generated for the chief marketing officers at each facility. To generate the report, you are asked to create a data collection plan. Include the following criteria into your plan:
- Consider health informatics regulations and standards regarding the collection of personal data. Identify what data elements would be needed to pull the report from the electronic health record.
- Discuss theories that could be utilized when collecting data.
- Discuss the essential questions that you would ask in order to ensure that you are collecting the correct data. (Do they want the report to be on ongoing? Do they want just a single report?)
- Explain how the data collected will improve or influence the situation.
- Discuss how to protect the patient’s identity when doing reporting.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center