Please complete the following and post to your discussion group by Weds at 1159pm.
1. Write a couple of sentences to introduce the nursing problem/topic you have chosen and why this problem is of interest to you.
2. Write out your identified problem using the PICO format.
P (population) = people with diabetes on medical unit
I (nursing intervention you are proposing) =diabetes self-management education
C (current standard of care) =medication therapy alone
O (outcome or goal your intervention will achieve) =improved glycemic control
3. Write out your sample research question for your identified problem and proposed nursing intervention.
Example: from above PICO: In people with diabetes on a medical unit (P), what is the effect of diabetes self-management education (I), on glycemic control (O), compared with the use of medication therapy alone.
4. Post one full text research article from a peer reviewed journal that supports your chosen nursing problem/nursing intervention. Try using CINAHL hosted through the JMU library. Please note: The article must have been published in the last 5 yrs.
Example: (see article attached under the guidelines here on the discussion directions)
5. Using your posted article answer the following questions: (This will give you practice determining the important points/information an article contains)
a. What type of research is the article presenting? Is it quantitative or qualitative? See if you can determine which specific method was used for the research. (quantitativeselected methods: descriptive, correlational, quasi-experimental, or experimental; qualitative- selected methods: phenomenological, grounded theory, ethnography, or historical)if you do not know at least make an educated guessno penalty for wrong answer
b. What is the problem statement presented by the author(s)?