You will be constructing a two page essay describing your experiences as an individual with physical limitations.
- Choose at least one, but no more than two physical disabilities
- Pretend you have the chosen physical disability, and describe your experiences as this person with physical limitations. Include the following details:
- Your age
- Background information describing the disability including signs and symptoms of your physical disability
- Medications prescribed to address your and any effects that they may pose to dental hygiene therapy
- Decide on one or more OPT aids that your dental hygienist has suggested you purchase. In addition to the chosen OPT aid, the CRA warrants a prescription of Chlorhexidine and Prevident 5000. Make an actual trip to the store until you find the suggested OPT item(s). If you couldn’t drive due to your physical disability, how would you get to there? Observe how you would find the item. Could you reach it? How would you carry the items or push a cart? Can you read or are you able to follow the instructions?
- What challenges might you encounter in trying to obtain the suggested OPT items and prescriptions?
- How do you think other people would react to you?
- What you learned from this experience?
- How your attitude is impacted?
- How will your experiences affect your future clinical recommendations and decisions?
- How will this affect which products you choose to recommend?
Please reference the syllabus for the grading criteria, expectations, and rubric.
answer the question, the disability i chose is down syndrome
the sources are always peer reviewed
The drown syndrome experience
My name is John Bradfoot and I am 16 years old. I have been suffering from down syndrome since birth. Despite being a teenager, my mental abilities are similar to those of kids aged 8 and 9 years. This aspect has significantly affected my learning as I am still in the 4th grade despite being 16 years old. I cannot comprehend the things that my age mates can as a result of my condition. However, I believe I will reach developmental milestone as I continue to grow (Wilken, 2008). Thanks to this disorder, I have a very poor immune system. I am usually ill in numerous occasions as my body cannot fight mild……
Get instant access to the full solution from by clicking the purchase button below
Added to cart