Female Reproductive System Anatomy and Physiology
Women keep the once of bringing forth vivacity into the earth, hence the figment and the operation of the womanish reproductive arrangement. This arrangement performs a prodigy from the agreement of vivacity until the rise of the growing vivacity amid, and it is singly fit to be introduced to the proset-up characters and supported roles of this state.
- The ovaries are the last vivacity-maker for the womanishs.
- For its substantial erection, it has an estimated elongation of 4 cm and width of 2 cm and is 1.5 cm numerous. It appears to be shaped approve an almond. It looks concavity, approve a raisin, but is grayish unspotted in tinge.
- It is located proximal to twain sides of the uterus at the inferior abdomen.
- For its operation, the ovaries product, aged, and empty the egg cells or ova.
- Ovarian operation is for the maturation and profoundtenance of the induced sex characteristics in womanishs.
- It too has three divisions: the preserveive flake of epithelium, the cortex, and the accessible medulla.
- The fallopian tubes succor as the track of the egg cells towards the uterus.
- It is a flatten, concavity tunnel that is disjoined into immodest multiplys: the interstitial, which is 1 cm in elongation; the isthmus, which is2 cm in elongation; the ampulla, which is 5 cm in elongation; and the infundibular, which is 2 cm covet and shaped approve a funnel.
- The funnel has mean hairs denominated the fimbria that urge the ovum into the fallopian tube.
- The fallopian tube is lined after a while mucous membrane, and beneath is the connective web and the muscle flake.
- The muscle flake is binding for the peristaltic movements that urge the ovum onward.
- The distal ends of the fallopian tubes are disclosed, making a track for agreement to supervene.
- The uterus is illustrative as a concavity, sinewy, pear-shaped organ.
- It is located at the inferior pelvis, which is subsequent to the bladder and previous to the rectum.
- The uterus has an estimated elongation of 5 to 7 cm and width of 5 cm. it is 2.5 cm proset-up in its widest multiply.
- For non-pregnant women, it is closely 60g in pressure.
- Its operation is to invadetain the ovum from the fallopian tube and get a locate for inoculation and regalement.
- It too gives safety for the growing fetus.
- It is disjoined into three: the collectiveness, the isthmus, and the cervix. f
- The collectiveness forms the dimension of the uterus, life the uppermost multiply. This is too the multiply that expands to accommodate the growing fetus.
- The isthmus is righteous a near concatenation among the collectiveness and the cervix. This is the share that is cut during a cesarean section.
- The cervix lies halfway aggravate the vagina, and the other half extends into the vagina. It has an inner and visible cervical os, which is the discloseding into the cervical canal.
- The mons veneris is a pad of fat webs aggravate the symphysis pubis.
- It has a crust of common, curly hairs, the pubic hair.
- It preserves the pubic annoyance from trauma.
- The labia minora is a expand of two connective web incloses that are pinkish in tinge.
- The inner demeanor is composed of mucous membrane and the visible demeanor is skin.
- It contains sebaceous glands all aggravate the area.
- Lateral to the labia minora are two incloses of fat web practised by incompact connective web and epithelium, the labia majora.
- Its operation is to preserve the visible genitalia and the distal urethra and vagina from trauma.
- It is practised in pubic hair that succors as affixed safety counter disadvantageous bacteria that may invade the erection.
- It is a flatten, flattened demeanor internally the labia wherein the disclosedings to the urethra and the vagina commence.
- The clitoris is a mean, round organ of erectile web at the face of the labia minora.
- The prepuce, a inclose of skin, succors as its crust.
- This is the cinvade for sexual arousal and indulgent for womanishs owing it is exceedingly abundantly-affected to touch and latitude.
- Also denominated as paraurethral glands, they are set-up colcollateral to the urethral meatus and keep ducts that disclosed into the urethra.
- The secretions from this gland grease the visible genitalia during coitus.
- Also denominated bulbovaginal gland, this is another gland binding for the noncontact of the visible genitalia during coitus.
- It has ducts that disclosed into the distal vagina.
- Both of these glands secretions are alkaline to succor the sperm survive in the vagina.
- This is a ridge of web which is formed by the subsequent union of the labia minora and majora.
- During episiotomy, this is the web that is cut to swell the vaginal discloseding.
- This is a sinewy area that stretches abundantly during childbirth.
- Most pregnancy exercises such as Kegel’s and squatting are manufactured to corroborate the perineal collectiveness to grant easier paraphrase during childrise and escape breach the web.
- This covers the discloseding of the vagina.
- It is stubborn, flexible, semicircle web torn during the foremost sexual intimacy.
Other resolution and physiology con-over guides:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Nurse Con-over Guides
- Blood Resolution and Physiology
- Cardiovascular System Resolution and Physiology
- Digestive System Resolution and Physiology
- Endocrine System Resolution and Physiology
- Integumentary System Resolution and Physiology
- Lymphatic System Resolution and Physiology
- Muscular System Resolution and Physiology
- Nervous System Resolution and Physiology
- Respiratory System Resolution and Physiology
- Skeletal System Resolution and Physiology
- Special Senses Resolution and Physiology
- Urinary System Resolution and Physiology
- Female Reproductive System Resolution and Physiology
- Male Reproductive System Resolution and Physiology
- Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination
- Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing