- Is the fundamental right of every human being. It is the state of integration of the body and mind
- Health and illness are highly individualized perception. Meanings and descriptions of health and illness vary among people in relation to geography and to culture.
- Health – is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. (WHO)
- Health – is the ability to maintain the internal milieu. Illness is the result of failure to maintain the internal environment.(Claude Bernard)
- Health – is the ability to maintain homeostasis or dynamic equilibrium. Homeostasis is regulated by the negative feedback mechanism.(Walter Cannon)
- Health – is being well and using one’s power to the fullest extent. Health is maintained through prevention of diseases via environmental health factors.(Florence Nightingale)
- Health – is viewed in terms of the individual’s ability to perform 14 components of nursing care unaided. (Henderson)
- Positive Health – symbolizes wellness. It is value term defined by the culture or individual. (Rogers)
- Health – is a state of a process of being becoming an integrated and whole as a person.(Roy)
- Health – is a state the characterized by soundness or wholeness of developed human structures and of bodily and mental functioning.(Orem)
- Health– is a dynamic state in the life cycle; illness is interference in the life cycle. (King)
- Wellness – is the condition in which all parts and subparts of an individual are in harmony with the whole system. (Neuman)
- Health – is an elusive, dynamic state influenced by biologic, psychologic, and social factors. Health is reflected by the organization, interaction, interdependence and integration of the subsystems of the behavioral system.
Get a plagiarism free copy of this essay from our experts