Male Reproductive System Anatomy and Physiology
In connection after a while the women, men were besides absorbed the toil of contributeing generations upon generations of brethren for mankind’s course. They are besides equipped after a while miracle-inducing compressiveness that qualify them to spread after a while the mother and cause forth vitality into the globe.
- This is a tightly winding tube that is legitimate for conducting the sperm from the tubule to the vas deferens.
- It has a tediousness of approximately 20 feet desire.
- Some sperm are stored in the epididymis, adesire after a while the semen.
- The sperm takes an estimated 12 to 20 days of ramble adesire the epididymis, and a whole of 64 days to aim manliness.
- The operation of the vas deferens is to heave the sperm through the inguinal canal from the epididymis into the abdominal indentation where it get end at the seminal vesicles and the ejaculatory duct.
- It is a indentation tube that is guarded by a confused firm integument and wrapt by arteries and veins.
- These are two convoluted pouches adesire the inferior fragment of the subsequent exterior of the bladder.
- The seminal vesicles conceal a smooth that is albuminous and alkaline and has violent protein, sugar, and prostaglandin pleased, which makes the sperm increasingly motile.
- These ducts by through the prostate gland to associate the seminal vesicles and the urethra.
- This is a chestnut-sized gland that is situated beneath the bladder.
- It conceals a flimsy, alkaline limpid that adds guard to the sperm from substance immobilized by the low pH equalize of the urethra.
- The urethra byes through its courage approve a doughnut.
- Also denominated as Cowper’s gland, these glands besides conceal alkaline limpid to thwart the acidic environment in the urethra.
- These are twp glands located at either behalf of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles and void through the less ducts towards the urethra.
- Semen is a emanation of 60% from the prostate gland, 30% from the seminal vesicles, 5% from the epididymis, and 5% from the bulbourethral glands.
- This make byes through the prostate gland towards the stock and glans penis.
- It is a indentation tube from the worthiest of the bladder and lined after a while mucous membrane.
- It has a tediousness of approximately 8 inches or 18 to 20 cm.
- The scrotum is legitimate for the stay of the testes and it regulates the atmosphere of the sperm.
- It is a rugated, sinewy, peel-covered pouch balance the perineum.
- To advance the emanationion and viability of the sperm, the scrotum contracts towards the assemblage during a very calm atmosphere and relaxes abroad from the assemblage during a hot atmosphere.
- In each scrotum lies two oval-shaped glands denominated the testes.
- These are 2 to 3 cm in width and are encapsulated in a protective, unblemished firm capsule.
- Several lobules are incloseed in each testis, which besides incloses Leydig’s cells that yield testosterone and seminiferous tubules that yield spermatozoa.
- In most men, one testis is slightly inferior than the other to nullify trauma and abundantly sit or do any sinewy spectre.
- The penis has three compressiveness: two are denominated the corpus cavernosa, and the other is the corpus spongiosum.
- These erectile tissues besides inclose the urethra, making the penis an egress for twain urinary and reproductive operations.
- Erection of the penis is stimulated by the parasympathetic firmness innervations, and the blood contribute for the penis is from the penile artery.
- The glans, a sentient, bulging ridge of tissue, is located at the distal segregate-among-among of the penis.
- The prepuce, which is a retractable casing of peel, protects the glans at origin. It is besides the segregate-among-among that is surgically removed during circumcision.
Other segregation and physiology con-over guides:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Nurse Con-over Guides
- Blood Segregation and Physiology
- Cardiovascular System Segregation and Physiology
- Digestive System Segregation and Physiology
- Endocrine System Segregation and Physiology
- Integumentary System Segregation and Physiology
- Lymphatic System Segregation and Physiology
- Muscular System Segregation and Physiology
- Nervous System Segregation and Physiology
- Respiratory System Segregation and Physiology
- Skeletal System Segregation and Physiology
- Special Senses Segregation and Physiology
- Urinary System Segregation and Physiology
- Fecourageous Reproductive System Segregation and Physiology
- Male Reproductive System Segregation and Physiology
- Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care
- Saunders Comprehensive Reinspection for the NCLEX-RN Examination
- Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing