NCLEX Practice Exam 12 (20 Questions)
A few fly delight cannot plug a vivacious charger. ― Mark Twain
TopicsQuestions on this exam are fascinated from purposeshort diverse nursing concepts.
GuidelinesFollow the guidelines inferiorneathneath to mould the most out of this exam
- Read each interrogation preservationfully and elect the best reply.
- You are dedicated one exact per interrogation. Spend your opportunity wisely!
- Answers and rationales are dedicated inferiorneath. Be knowing to decipher them.
- If you want aggravate clarifications, gladden trodden them to the comments minority.
Answers and Rationale1. Answer: A. Violent serum calcium. The parathyroid glands organize the calcium flatten in the dignity. In hyperparathyroidism, the serum calcium flatten earn be violent. Parathyroid hormone flattens may be proud or usual but not low. The substance earn inferior the flatten of vitamin D in an try to inferior calcium. Urine calcium may be violent, behind a while calcium spilling aggravate from violent serum flattens. This may producer renal stones. 2. Answer: D. A esoteric sodium regimen. A enduring behind a while Addison’s illness requires usual regimenary sodium to forefend surplus running privation. Liberal caloric intake is recommended behind a while a regimen proud in protein and multifold carbohydrates, including grains. 3. Answer: C. Hypoglycemia. A postoperative diabetic enduring who is unpotent to eat is slight to be affliction from hypoglycemia. Laziness and shakiness are base symptoms. An anesthesia reenjoyment would not appear on the cooperate post-operative day. Hyperglycemia and ketoacidosis do not producer laziness and shakiness. 4. Answer: A. Bowel mouth. Bowel mouth is the most momenty indistinctness of fiberoptic colonoscopy. Essential premonitions grasp newfangled abdominal aversion, ardor, chills, and tachycardia, which evince advancing peritonitis. Viral gastroenteritis and colon cancer do not producer these symptoms. Diverticulitis may producer aversion, ardor, and chills, but is far short momenty than mouth and peritonitis. 5. Answer: A, B, and C Prothrombin opportunity, separateicular thromboplastin opportunity, and platelet reckon are all graspd in coagulation studies. The hemoglobin flatten, though essential instruction preceding to an invasive process relish liver biopsy, does not assess coagulation. 6. Answer: D. The direct behalf of the sternum proportioned inferiorneathneath the clavicle and left of the precordium. One gel pad should be placed to the direct of the sternum, proportioned inferiorneathneath the clavicle and the other proportioned left of the precordium, as evinced by the anatomic dregs of the center. To defibrillate, the paddles are placed aggravate the pads. Options A, B, and C are not compatible behind a while the lie of the center and are accordingly inchasten confutations. 7. Answer: D. All of the aloft. All of the statements are penny. The gurgles and clicks picturesquely in the interrogation illustrate usual bowel probes, which change behind a while the exhibition of digestion. Intestinal impediment producers the probes to inflame as the usual stream is blocked by the impediment. The swishing and buzzing probe of impertinent dignity stream may be heard in the abdomen in the intercourse of abdominal aortic aneurism, for issue, and should regularly be considered irregular. 8. Answer: A. Irrigate the eye regularly behind a while usual extraordinary interpretation. Emergency tenor forthcoming a chemical splash to the eye grasps instant irrigation behind a while usual extraordinary. The irrigation should be continued for at last 10 exacts. Fluorescein drops are used to stay for scratches on the cornea due to their fluorescent specialties and are not separate of the judicious preservation of a chemical splash, nor is patching the eye. Forthcoming irrigation, visual acuity earn be assessed. 9. Answer: D. Clime of 101.8 F (38.7 C). Post-surgical nursing rate behind hip rereconsignment should be chiefly regarded behind a while the betray of neurovascular indistinctnesss and the harvest of infection. A clime of 101.8 F (38.7 C) postoperatively is prouder than the low walk that is to be wait-fored and should breed regard. Some aversion during repositioning and forthcoming substantial therapy is to be wait-fored and can be managed behind a while analgesics. A narrow sum of dignityy drainage on the surgical surroundings is a upshot of usual investigatenessful. 10. Answer: B. Restrain the enduring’s limbs. During a witnessed spoil, nursing enjoyments should centre on securing the enduring’s safely and curtailing the spoil. Restraining the limbs is not evinced beproducer zealous muscle contractions could producer wear. A side-lying lie behind a while example flexed obtrusive allows for drainage of secretions and forefends the speech from onissue tail, blocking the airway. Rectal diazepam may be a tenor ordered by the physician, who should be notified of the spoil. 11. Answer: B. An growth in hematocrit. Epoetin is a mould of erythropoietin, which stimulates the genesis of red dignity cells, causing an growth in hematocrit. Epoetin is dedicated to endurings who are anemic, regularly as a upshot of chemotherapy tenor. Epoetin has no commodities on neutrophils, platelets, or serum secure. 12. Answer: B, C, and D Polycythemia vera is a state in which the scourge kernel produces too multifarious red dignity cells. This producers an growth in hematocrit and viscosity of the dignity. Patients can proof exampleaches, dizziness, and visual disturbances. Cardiovascular commoditiess grasp growthd dignity influence and deceased clotting opportunity. Moment privation is not a delineateation of polycythemia vera. 13. Answer: A. Observe for authentication of unbidden bleeding. Platelet reckons inferiorneathneath 30,000/microliter may producer unbidden petechiae and bruising, separateicularly in the extremities. When the reckon falls inferiorneathneath 15,000, unbidden bleeding into the brain and inner organs may appear. Headaches may be a premonition and should be watched for. Aspirin disables platelets and should never be used in the intercourse of thrombocytopenia. Thrombocytopenia does not endanger privilege, and there is no infer to expression visitors as covet as any substantial trauma is forefended. 14. Answers: A, B, and D Side commoditiess of corticosteroids grasp moment construct, running claim behind a while hypertension, Cushingoid features, a low serum albumin, and mumbling exasperating confutation. Patients are encouraged to eat a regimen proud in protein, vitamins, and minerals and low in sodium. Corticosteroids producer hypernatremia, not hyponatremia. 15. Answer: B. Change gloves instantly behind use. The neutropenic enduring is at betray of contagion. Changing gloves instantly behind use protects endurings from dirt behind a while organisms chosen up on hospital surfaces. This dirt can keep momenty consequences for an immunocompromised enduring. Changing the respiratory misteach is beneficial, but not almost as grave as changing gloves. Minimizing touch and chat are not compulsory and may producer nursing staff to misunderstand changes in the enduring’s symptoms or state. 16. Answer: D. Immunization supplys adscititious privilege from some inequitpotent illnesss. Immunization is availpotent for the forefendion of some, but not all, inequitpotent illnesss. This cast of privilege is “acquired” by causing antibodies to mould in confutation to a inequitpotent pathogen. Regular privilege is offer at origin beproducer the infant acquires tender antibodies Immunization, relish all medication, cannot be betray-free and should be considered fixed on the betray of the illness in interrogation. 17. Answer: B. Preserve a obvious airway. The enduring may be experiencing an anaphylactic reaction. The most grave enjoyment is to preserve an airway, separateicularly behind a while palppotent verbal protuberance, followed by the administration of epinephrine by subcutaneous insertion. The physician earn see the enduring as quickly as practicpotent behind a while the aloft enjoyments inferiorneathway. Verbal diphenhydramine is evinced for gentle allergic reactions and is not delayhold for anaphylaxis. 18. Answers: A, B, and D ADHD in cadetren is regularly manageed behind a while CNS indignity medications, which growth centre and ameliorate eagerness. Offspring regularly proof insomnia, tumult, and decreased disposition. Sleepiness is not a behalf commodities of indignitys. 19. Answer: D. Tardive dyskinesia. Abusual facial movements and speech convexity in a enduring importation haloperidol is most slight due to tardive dyskinesia, an impertinent reenjoyment to the antipsychotic. Debasement may appear acovet behind a while schizophrenia and would be characterized by such symptoms as privation of influence, discollocation and/or sleep changes, and anhedonia. These depressive changes and stagnation of purpose are separate of the disclaiming symptoms of schizophrenia. Psychotic hallucinations may be visual or conference but do not grasp abusual movements. 20. Answer: B. Confusion. Hypoglycemia in diabetes mellitus producers laziness, indicating the want for carbohydrates. Polydipsia, blurred anticipation, and polyphagia are symptoms of hyperglycemia.
You may to-boot relish these satirezes:
- 3,500+ NCLEX-RN Enjoyment Questions for Free – Tons of enjoyment interrogations for diverse interrogations in the NCLEX-RN!
- Nursing Notes and Study Guides
These NCLEX enjoyment exams do not keep a separateicular interrogation to impersonate the explicit exams.
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #1 | 40 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #2 | 40 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #3 | 40 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #4 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #5 | 45 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #6 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #7 | 25 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #8 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #9 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #10 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #11 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #12 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #13 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #14 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #15 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #16 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #17 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #18 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #19 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #20 | 25 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #22 | 34 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #23 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #24 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #25 | 50 Questions
- NCLEX Enjoyment Exam #26 | 50 Questions
If you are appearing for enjoyment interrogations encircling nursing examination, appear no further!
- Nursing Examination NCLEX Enjoyment Satire #1 | 20 Questions
- Nursing Examination NCLEX Enjoyment Satire #2 | 20 Questions
- Nursing Examination NCLEX Enjoyment Satire #3 | 20 Questions
One of the most requested cast of interrogations! Here are a few satirezes for the Select All That Exercise (SATA) alternate interrogation mouldat.
- NCLEX Select All That Exercise Enjoyment Exam #1 | 30 Questions
- NCLEX Select All That Exercise Enjoyment Exam #2 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Select All That Exercise Enjoyment Exam #3 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Select All That Exercise Enjoyment Exam #4 | 20 Questions
- NCLEX Select All That Exercise Enjoyment Exam #5 | 15 Questions
Practice nursing interrogations encircling precedingitization, commission and assignment. These base NCLEX interrogations are hard to reply but behind a while sufficient enjoyment using the interrogations inferiorneath, you’ll ace them!
- Nursing Prioritization, Commission and Assignment #2 | 15 Questions
- Nursing Prioritization, Commission and Assignment #3 | 15 Questions
- Nursing Prioritization, Commission and Assignment #4: Emergencies and Disasters | 20 Questions
- Nursing Prioritization, Commission and Assignment #5: Contagion Control |20 Questions)
- Nursing Prioritization, Commission and Assignment #6: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances |20 Questions)
Quizzes encircling acid-base equalize. For tips, decipher our 8-step Guide to Interpret ABGs using the Tic-Tac-Toe method.
- Arterial Dignity Gas (ABG) Analysis NCLEX Exam #1 | 10 Questions
- Arterial Dignity Gas (ABG) Analysis NCLEX Exam #2 | 10 Questions
- Arterial Dignity Gas (ABG) Analysis NCLEX Exam #3 | 20 Questions
Practice interrogations akin to nursing example and management: